Weekday Function

  1. #1
    John
    Guest

    Weekday Function

    Hi,

    Im trying to automate the process where when i enter someones date of birth,
    i get the actual day that they were born. The function weekday when used
    only returns a value between 1 to 7. How can i convert this Number value to
    an actual day? i.e. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday etc

    Thanks to any replies

    John

  2. #2
    JulieD
    Guest

    Re: Weekday Function

    Hi John

    please see my reply to your post in microsoft.public.excel.newusers

    just for future reference it is generally not necessary to post to more than
    one group, most of the people who respond on a regular basis to questions
    read a number of groups so it probably won't get overlooked and the only
    thing it really does is fragment your answers and also a person may spend a
    lot of time on a question only to find out later than someone else (who also
    spent considerable time on the question) has answered it somewhere else
    (which, as you can imagine, is relatively frustrating!)

    Cheers
    JulieD

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3