converting to Integers

  1. #1
    bmordhorst
    Guest

    converting to Integers

    I need to quickly convert a block of cells to integers.
    For example a cell says 75.28954 and I need the cell to be 75

  2. #2
    Dave R.
    Guest

    Re: converting to Integers

    Use the formula =INT(75.28954) or =INT(A1)

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Bernie Deitrick
    Guest

    Re: converting to Integers

    Or, use

    =ROUND(A1,0)

    INT will change 75.99 to 75, so depending on what your rounding scheme
    is....

    HTH,
    Bernie
    MS Excel MVP

  4. #4
    bmordhorst
    Guest

    Re: converting to Integers

    One further question, I have a block of cell, A1:d20. How do I convert the
    block quickly?

  5. #5
    Dave R.
    Guest

    Re: converting to Integers

    The quickest way would require VBA, but it only takes about 10 seconds to
    enter that formula, say in E1, copy it down through H20, then copy E1:H20
    and paste special as values over the original range.

    If you're going to be doing this very frequently maybe a VBA solution would
    be the most efficient.

  6. #6
    Bernard Liengme
    Guest

    Re: converting to Integers

    In some empty columns, use the formulas you have been given
    Select and Copy these cells
    Select A1:D20 and use Edit | Paste Special -> Values
    Now you can delete the cells with the formulas

    best wishes

    --
    Bernard V Liengme
    www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme