How do I autofill combo boxes with their destination cell?

  1. #1
    Defoes Right Boot
    Guest

    How do I autofill combo boxes with their destination cell?

    I have a combo box in cell A1 with its destination cell set as B1; I can
    auto-copy the combo box using the normal drag & drop autofill to get new
    combo boxes all the way down column A, but the destination cell for all the
    new combo boxes is still set as B1.

    Is there any way I can get it to automatically increase the row number of
    the destination cell for each new combo box (I have about 2000 rows to do so
    don't really want to have to go into each one to manually set the destination
    cell!)

    Any help very much appreciated!

  2. #2
    Arvi Laanemets
    Guest

    Re: How do I autofill combo boxes with their destination cell?

    Use relative reference instead of absolute, i.e.
    =B1 or =$B1
    instead of
    =$B$1
    as data validation source in A1.

    --
    When sending mail, use address arvil<at>tarkon.ee
    Arvi Laanemets

    "Defoes Right Boot" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Defoes Right Boot
    Guest

    Re: How do I autofill combo boxes with their destination cell?

    Did that but still doesn't make a difference...

    Have found another way round it now though (using Access instead!)

    Thanks anyway.

  4. #4
    Arvi Laanemets
    Guest

    Re: How do I autofill combo boxes with their destination cell?

    Hi

    Then celect cell B1 and define a named range p.e. ListSource with RefersTo
    field
    =SheetName!$B1
    (Replace sheet name here accordingly to real one. And don't forget to make
    the row reference relative!)

    For A1, set list source to
    =ListSource
    and copy A1 down.