How do I set up a formula to repat 5 consecutive cells in a colum.

  1. #1
    jbsand1001
    Guest

    How do I set up a formula to repat 5 consecutive cells in a colum.

    How do I set up a formula to repat 5 consecutive cells in a column every 31st
    cell?

    I am looking for a formula to repeat 5 concecutive cells either numerical or
    words in a column every 31st cell

    For example:

    A1= 1 A32=1

    A2= Cost A33=Cost

    A3= 5 A34=5

    A4=Profit….etc… A35=Profit…etc…

    Thank you,

    Judd

  2. #2
    Bernie Deitrick
    Guest

    Re: How do I set up a formula to repat 5 consecutive cells in a colum.

    Judd,

    Type your initial values in cells A1:A5.

    In A32, type =A1, then copy to A33:A36

    Then select A32:A62, and copy. Then select A63:A-Some multiple of 31, like
    372, and paste.

    HTH,
    Bernie
    MS Excel MVP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Bernie Deitrick
    Guest

    Re: How do I set up a formula to repat 5 consecutive cells in a colum.

    Judd,

    Another way is to use this formula in cell A32, and copy down as far as you
    need:
    =IF(AND((MOD(ROW(),31))>0,(MOD(ROW(),31))<6),INDIRECT("A" &
    MOD(ROW(),31)),"")