header or footer

  1. #1
    ParTeeGolfer
    Guest

    header or footer

    How can I set up a header that was created on the first page of a document
    that was created. The header needs to be Formated with boarders,color,font
    and formulas? I would like this header to come up every time a new page
    begins. I tried to cut and paste in header creation however this did not work

    Can this be done with footers including formulated cells?

    EXAMPLE:
    "Plainfield Rush Basketball Team
    6th Grade Travel League"
    2004 Season

    Suggestions or HELP!

  2. #2
    Bob Umlas
    Guest

    Re: header or footer

    You can't automatically to that for each new sheet added, but you can easily
    apply the formatting from any sheet to all the sheets. With the sheet active
    which contains the page setup you want, right-click the sheet tab and select
    "Select All Sheets". Now simply go to File/Page Setup and then click OK in
    the setup dialog. Now all sheets have the same page setup. Shift/click the
    active sheet to ungroup the sheets and you're all set!

    FYI, I'll be leading a LIVE 1-hour FREE webinar on tips & tricks on January
    14 and again on Jan 27 from 4-5 PM est. It's done from your computer. To
    find out more & register, go to http://www.iil.com, click on the yellowish
    rectangle on the left "Try a free webinar", click the link for Microsoft
    Tips & Tricks. Maybe I'll "see" you there!

    Bob Umlas
    Excel MVP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    ParTeeGolfer
    Guest

    Re: header or footer

    I think you missunderstand Bob, the option you are suggesting is refering to
    every workbook, I am talking about every printable page within a workbook

  4. #4
    Gary Rowe
    Guest

    RE: header or footer

    You could create the "header" as you want to see it in excel, then select the
    area you have created and click the copy button, move to another area and
    before clicking the Edit button hold down the shift button and the option
    Paste Picture will be there. Click on Paste Picture and an image of the area
    you created will be there. Right click on that image and click copy and then
    go to MS Paint (under accessories in your program list) and paste it in paste
    and then save it as an image file with whatever name you want to give it. Go
    back to your spreadsheet and erase the image of the header you created and
    the and "header" you created and then open up Header and Footer underthe View
    menu and click on custom header and in the center box click on the insert
    picture icon and insert the file you created. This will show up on every
    printed page.
    Gary

  5. #5
    Ola
    Guest

    RE: header or footer

    Hi,

    Here are two options:

    1. Every printable page on One Sheet:
    Menu: File/Page Setup.../ select tab Sheet
    Here you can select 'Rows to Repeat at top'

    2. Every printable page in the whole Workbook (file):
    a) Dynamic header (with formulas)
    Mark you header area and Copy.
    Press Shift. Menu: Edit/Past Picture Link. This is an Dynamic picture.
    Copy it and Place it on every new Sheet and do the 1. 'Rows to Repeat at top'

    b) Static header (without formulas)
    .... in think you already received a good solution...

    I think want solution No 1.

    Ola