adding total business....how to?

  1. #1
    Juco
    Guest

    adding total business....how to?

    I have 3 columns for each month...
    column A name
    column B invoice number
    column C value (£s)
    Then column D,E,F for the next month and so on for 12 months
    In each month a name may appear several times and over the year
    quite a few times in the various months/columns.

    Is there an easy way to find out the value of a given Name and the total
    value for the year for that name?
    All the columns are on one sheet of a workbook.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: adding total business....how to?

    =sumif(A1:AC2000,"Johnny",C1:AF2000)

    assumes no invoice number will equal a Name.
    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Jay Villars via OfficeKB.com
    Guest

    Finally, light at the end of the tunnel

    Mr. Ogilvy,
    I have been searching for the same solution...somewhat.
    Could you please help me.
    On A1, I have an excel list - "Contries" (dropdown or list.
    On B1 another list with "Type of Shipping" also as a dropdown choice.
    On the C1 cell the result to autopopulate, according to the A1+B1 choices.
    (The lists for A1 and B1 are aquired from within the same worksheet)
    EXAMPLE.
    A1 "countries" = Italy, France, England.
    B1 "Types of Shipping" = Overnight $20.00, Two-Day $10.00, Snail $3.50
    VALUES FOR THE B1 DEPENDING ON THE CHOICE OF A1 COUNTRY of destination.(Italy + Snail($3.50))= C1 $3.50 | For (England + Snail ($5.30)= C1 $5.30
    I thank you in advance for any consideration on my quest.
    Janvier

  4. #4
    Juco
    Guest

    Re: Finally, light at the end of the tunnel

    thanks that worked a treat.

    appreciated

    news:[email protected]...