VLOOKUP function in Excel 97

  1. #1
    M. Weber
    Guest

    VLOOKUP function in Excel 97

    How do I get the VLOOKUP function to work on large table arrays (>40,000
    rows)? Excel doesn't seem to see the cells in the array unless I use the
    edit command on the coresponding lookup value in the array.

    I'm using Excel 97. The table array is a downloaded Crystal Reports file.

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: VLOOKUP function in Excel 97

    Sounds like you have values that appear to be numbers but are actually
    stored as text.

    select the column

    Format as number or general

    do Data=>TexttoColumns, selected delimited and on the next dialog, select a
    delimiter such as Tab that does not appear in the column. This should cause
    the values to be reevaluated back to numbers.

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...