Dropdown menu

  1. #1
    ghost1967
    Guest

    Dropdown menu

    Is there a way to make a custom dropdown list for a column or group of cells?

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Dropdown menu

    You can use Data Validation to create dropdown lists in cells. There are
    instructions in Excel's Help, and here:

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

  3. #3
    Sir Paul
    Guest

    Re: Dropdown menu

    Data Validation is the way to go, use it regularily.

    Ensure that you list criteria of what must appear on the pull down is
    somewhere on your sheet, I have yet to find a way where I can have a master
    sheet with all my detail.

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Dropdown menu

    You can refer to another sheet if you use named ranges (Insert>Name>Define
    Name...), or the INDIRECT function (INDIRECT("Sheet1!A1:A10))

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Dropdown menu

    Sir Paul

    Lists don't have to be on the sheet.

    Have the lists on your Master sheet and give them Names from
    Insert>Name>Define.

    Use the Name in your DV source dialog box.

    i.e. =MyList

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  6. #6
    Sir Paul
    Guest

    Re: Dropdown menu

    WOW guys, thanks, this will make my sheets easier and with faster files too,
    not so much detail to carry on each of my 20 sheets, in total I had 90 names
    in three different lists per sheet,

    thanks