removing firsts two numbers from a list of #s

  1. #1
    Linny51
    Guest

    removing firsts two numbers from a list of #s

    I have a large list of numbers that are, as an example, 20-13-240. I want to
    remove the first "20" from each number. Is there a quick way of doing that?

    thanks!

  2. #2
    JulieD
    Guest

    Re: removing firsts two numbers from a list of #s

    Hi

    one option,
    (on a backup copy of your workbook)

    select the data and choose
    data / text to columns
    choose
    fixed width and press next
    click on the preview bit after the 20
    so you have
    20|-13-240
    where the | is the line drawn in by excel
    click next
    then for the
    20
    choose "do not import"
    click in the -13-240 bit
    and choose "text"
    click FINISH

    Cheers
    JulieD

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Linny51
    Guest

    RE: removing firsts two numbers from a list of #s

    Oh duh, Julie ! I can't believe I forgot this! Thanks so much!

  4. #4
    JulieD
    Guest

    Re: removing firsts two numbers from a list of #s

    Hi Linny

    easy to do (forget that is!)

    have fun