Formatting Cells:FICA and MEDICARE W/H.

  1. #1
    Randy Balch
    Guest

    Formatting Cells:FICA and MEDICARE W/H.

    I have created a payroll spreadsheet that calculates FICA and MEDICARE W/H.
    I formatted the cells to 2 places. The MEDICARE W/H formula calculates to 3
    decimal places, but displays 2 places in the cell. When Net Pay is
    calculated the formula includes the 3 place calculation which makes the total
    off by one cent.

    Can anyone help???

    You may email me at: [email protected]

  2. #2
    AlecHull
    Guest

    re: Formatting Cells:FICA and MEDICARE W/H.

    You probably know that the format and the precision are not the same thing --
    just because a number is formatted to two digits doesn't mean it's used in
    calculations that way. Can you limit the MEDICARE W/H formula to 2 digits,
    or at least round it within the net pay formula? You can use the round
    function to do this.

    AlecHull