Can you keep column (field) names visible while scrolling downwar.

  1. #1
    MichaelG1947
    Guest

    Can you keep column (field) names visible while scrolling downwar.

    Is there a way to keep the column (field) headings ("name", "address",
    "status", etc.) visible when scrolling through your spreadsheet? I am using
    Windows XP Home and Word Suite 2003.

  2. #2
    Myrna Larson
    Guest

    Re: Can you keep column (field) names visible while scrolling downwar.

    Window menu, Freeze Panes. See Help for more information.

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Can you keep column (field) names visible while scrolling downwar.

    Michael

    Select A2 and Window>Freeze Panes to freeze row 1.

    B2 to freeze row 1 and Column A.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  4. #4
    Jason Morin
    Guest

    Re: Can you keep column (field) names visible while scrolling downwar.

    Sure. Check out:

    http://www.techonthenet.com/excel/questions/freeze.htm

    HTH
    Jason
    Atlanta, GA

  5. #5
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Can you keep column (field) names visible while scrolling downwar.

    You can freeze rows, for instance if you want to freeze the first row select
    A2 and do windows>freeze panes

    Peo Sjoblom

    news:[email protected]...