SUBTOTAL and then count with criteria

  1. #1
    Jane
    Guest

    SUBTOTAL and then count with criteria

    Afte auto-filtering specific categories, I then need to count values <=1200,
    <=3600, etc. I'm familiar with SUBTOTAL but basically need a SUBTOTALIF type
    of formula.

    any help is appreciated

    jane

  2. #2
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: SUBTOTAL and then count with criteria

    Hi Jane,

    See Debra Dalgleish's fikter functions pages at:

    ---
    Regards,
    Norman

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Jane
    Guest

    Re: SUBTOTAL and then count with criteria

    Norman,
    here's the formula I've tried a few times with no luck. I am sure I'm
    missing something adn not suing correctly.

    =sumproduct(subtotal(3,offset(C6:C11,row(C6:C11)-MIN(Row(C6:C11),,1)),--(C6:C11=C6))

    In C I have a number of class # designations and have filtered to bring up
    1006 - the D column shows the values to the right
    1006 1200
    1006 600
    1006 3600
    1006 100
    1006 2400
    1006 1200

    given this, how would I apply the calculation? where do I specfiy that I
    want >1200, or other criteria such as that?

    Thank you for your help! jane

  4. #4
    Aladin Akyurek
    Guest

    Re: SUBTOTAL and then count with criteria

    =SUMPRODUCT(SUBTOTAL(3,OFFSET(C6:C11,ROW(C6:C11)-MIN(ROW(C6:C11),,1)),--(D6:D11>=1200),--(D6:D11<=3600))

    Jane wrote:
    > Norman,
    > here's the formula I've tried a few times with no luck. I am sure I'm
    > missing something adn not suing correctly.
    >
    > =sumproduct(subtotal(3,offset(C6:C11,row(C6:C11)-MIN(Row(C6:C11),,1)),--(C6:C11=C6))
    >
    > In C I have a number of class # designations and have filtered to bring up
    > 1006 - the D column shows the values to the right
    > 1006 1200
    > 1006 600
    > 1006 3600
    > 1006 100
    > 1006 2400
    > 1006 1200
    >
    > given this, how would I apply the calculation? where do I specfiy that I
    > want >1200, or other criteria such as that?

    [...]