Data Validation

  1. #1
    Galsaba
    Guest

    Data Validation

    How can I create a drop down list, while the list of item to be choose will be
    on a different worksheet?

    GalSaba

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Data Validation

    If you name the list on the other sheet, you can refer to it by name in
    the data validation dialog box. There are instructions here:

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

  3. #3
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Data Validation

    Use a named range and then refer to that name, i.e.

    list is in A1:A20 sheet2

    select the range and name it MyList, now in the other sheet select the
    cell, do data>validation>allow>list and use

    =MyList

    Peo Sjoblom

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4

    Re: Data Validation

    Define a Range Name.

    Debra Dalgleish has some nice instructions at:
    http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html#Name

    And if that list can grow, you could define a name that refers to a dynamic
    range.
    http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01.html#Dynamic