select multiple cell ranges in "sumif" formula?

  1. #1
    Hitcoach
    Guest

    select multiple cell ranges in "sumif" formula?

    I am trying to sum all numbers <0 using the SUMIF formula in Excel 2003.

    FORMULA: =sumif(range,criteria,sum_range)

    I got it to work, but I have cell ranges to total that are not next to each
    other (such as A5:A15 and C5:C15).
    When selecting the ranges for the formula, Excel writes them A5:A15,C5:C15

    because of the comma (,) between the cell ranges Excel is reading the A5:A15
    as the range and C5:C15 as the critera. How can I get this formula to allow
    me to select multiple cell ranges?

    All help is appreciated.

    Thank you.

  2. #2
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: select multiple cell ranges in "sumif" formula?

    try sumif+sumif

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software