skipping columns

  1. #1
    Wazooli
    Guest

    skipping columns

    I realize this has been posted before, but I can't seem to find it. Suppose
    I have data in columns E, L, S,etc., in other words, ever 7th column. My row
    range is 3:650. How can I average these columns in adjacent cells, i.e. the
    average of E3:E650 in A700, the average of L3:L650 in B700, and so on? I
    know it has something to do with INDIRECT and OFFSET, but can't seem to make
    heads or tails out of it. In addition, will this kind of manipulation work
    with array formulae?

    Wazooli

  2. #2
    N Harkawat
    Guest

    Re: skipping columns

    On cell A700 type
    =AVERAGE(OFFSET($E$3,0,COLUMN()*7-7,648))
    aand copy it across B700 and so on

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Wazooli