Worksheet Buttons (Save, Save As, Cut, Paste, etc.) Not Working

  1. #1
    SuzieQ12345
    Guest

    Worksheet Buttons (Save, Save As, Cut, Paste, etc.) Not Working

    95% of these buttons are not showing as "active"; restarted Excel; rebooted
    the machine (XP, Excel 2003), still not working. Can't save, can't work on
    any worksheets. They are not protected.

  2. #2
    Rob van Gelder
    Guest

    Re: Worksheet Buttons (Save, Save As, Cut, Paste, etc.) Not Working

    Is this a New workbook or one you've Opened?

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    SuzieQ12345
    Guest

    Re: Worksheet Buttons (Save, Save As, Cut, Paste, etc.) Not Workin

    No, these are existing worksheets - but I tried it on new ones as well, same
    problem. A little scary - can't use Excel w/o all of these buttons.

  4. #4
    JulieD
    Guest

    Re: Worksheet Buttons (Save, Save As, Cut, Paste, etc.) Not Workin

    Hi

    is it possible that your copy of excel has not been activated (in some
    countries activation was introduced in version 2000 in others ver 2002)

    Cheers
    JulieD

  5. #5
    SuzieQ12345
    Guest

    Re: Worksheet Buttons (Save, Save As, Cut, Paste, etc.) Not Workin

    How do I activate? It asks me each time I log on if I want to activate (not
    sure if that's the exact wording) but if I go out to the internet, it says
    I've tried to do it too many times (not sure if that's the exact language of
    the error message - it's not up on the machine now).

  6. #6
    JulieD
    Guest

    Re: Worksheet Buttons (Save, Save As, Cut, Paste, etc.) Not Workin

    Hi

    it's been a LONG time since i activated something, but i think there's an
    activate via phone option rather than via the internet - maybe give that a
    go?

    Cheers
    julieD