How do I secure borders, make them unaffected by copying or draggi

  1. #1
    sebds70
    Guest

    How do I secure borders, make them unaffected by copying or draggi

    I need to prevent cell borders from being created or removed when
    formulas/data are dragged or copied to different parts of the spreadsheet.

    The sheet is a sort of table and the borders are for presentation purposes,
    thus need the to retain them in their current form.

    They need to be drag/copy proof rather than just finding a way of copying
    without altering them.

    I am using Excel 2003.

  2. #2
    Max
    Guest

    Re: How do I secure borders, make them unaffected by copying or draggi

    One possible alternative is to use rectangles (an autoshape)
    to replace formatted range/table borders. The rectangle could be
    suitably formatted* and sized / fitted to grid
    (press Alt while resizing the formatted rectangle to fit to grid)

    *example: with "No Fill", 3pt weight, Blue, etc

    This will make the borders "drag-proof"

    The usual way to avoid copying formats
    would be to use:
    Copy > paste special > formulas > ok