I want to use Vlookup function and AND function in a single formu.

  1. #1
    prakash
    Guest

    I want to use Vlookup function and AND function in a single formu.

    We have created excel spreadsheet. In one column we have description of the
    activity , 2nd column has activitiy ranges. We have to build an VLOOKUP
    formula to check the description of the activity and check the activity
    ranges in the 2nd column and than give us the correct value in a particular
    column (Correct values are in 4th column). Request help on the same to build
    a formula using VLOOKUP AND functions.

  2. #2
    L. Howard Kittle
    Guest

    Re: I want to use Vlookup function and AND function in a single formu.

    Hi Prakash,

    IF the values in the DESCRIPTION column are unique and the values in the
    RANGES column are also unique, try something like this:

    =VLOOKUP(VLOOKUP(F1,A1:B5,2,0),B1:E5,4,0)

    Were...

    F1 is the lookup value of the ACTIVITY
    A1:B5 is the lookup range of the ACTIVITY and DESCRIPTION
    E1:E5 is the 4th column values you want to return. (4th from column B)

    If the values are not unique, as stated, this will not work.

    Howard

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    L. Howard Kittle
    Guest

    Re: I want to use Vlookup function and AND function in a single formu.

    Pardon the typo...

    "Where" not "Were", and probably not worth another post to correct.

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    prakash
    Guest

    Re: I want to use Vlookup function and AND function in a single fo

    Hi

    Thanks for your response. I am not clear whether the formula you suggested
    addresses my requirment.

    I am explaining the same in detail and suggest the right formula to be used.

    I am creating a spreadsheet, which has the following data

    1. Column A - description of the activitiy

    Example XYZ
    XYZ 1
    XYZ 2

    2. Column B - range of activity

    Example XYZ 123
    XYZ1 345
    XYZ2 678

    3. Column C - rates for the above description and range of activities are in
    a seperate table

    Example XYZ 123 $10
    XYZ1 345 $20
    XYZ2 678 $30

    4. Column D -
    We want to build a formula which should first check Column A, than check
    column B and then pick up the rates from Column C.

    example : If the user has selected XYZ as an activity and the range selected
    for that activity is 123 than the rate to be populated should be $10.

    Kindly tell us which formula should we use as we have lots of different
    activities with different ranges and different rates.

    If i have to use Vlookup what will be the formula?