How do I auto fill formulas

  1. #1
    dorheldav
    Guest

    How do I auto fill formulas

    In the past, I could create tables where I entered formulas in 2 cells then
    dragged the handle down and Excel would autofill the formula in the correct
    increments. Example: rows of weights 175, 165, 155....and columns of
    percentages 80%, 70%, 60%...and the formulas would read something like:
    =A4*B1, =A4*C1, =A4*D1...in the past (Office97) I would highlight a couple of
    cells and drag down the column or across the row and the program would
    proceed to enter =A4*E1, =A4*F1 and so son. Now In ExcelXP I just get errors.

    What has changed?

  2. #2
    CLR
    Guest

    Re: How do I auto fill formulas

    Make the fixed cell an absolute reference........

    $A$4*B1 should drag nicely........

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABgx3

    news:[email protected]...