CONVERT HEXADECIMAL CELL TO DECIMAL NUMBER

  1. #1
    JAY
    Guest

    CONVERT HEXADECIMAL CELL TO DECIMAL NUMBER

    I USED THE HELP AND THE EXAMPLE BUT IT DIDN'T WORK, ANY HELP???
    THE EXAMPLE IS GOOD IF I WANT TO PUT ONE NUMBER BUT NOT A CELL.
    I'M USEING OFFICE 2003

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: CONVERT HEXADECIMAL CELL TO DECIMAL NUMBER

    Post your data and the formula you used.

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    jay
    Guest

    Re: CONVERT HEXADECIMAL CELL TO DECIMAL NUMBER

    Dear Bob.
    I Had A Row Of Hexadecimal Numbers I Want To Convert it to Decimal So I Used
    The Following Formula in the colloun On Cell # b2 =HEX2DEC(A2) Wher A2 Has
    The Hexadecimal Number And THe error I Get is #NUM
    THanks For Ur replay
    jay

  4. #4
    Ron Rosenfeld

    On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 17:37:02 -0800, jay <[email protected]> wrote:

    >ear Bob.
    >I Had A Row Of Hexadecimal Numbers I Want To Convert it to Decimal So I Used
    >The Following Formula in the colloun On Cell # b2 =HEX2DEC(A2) Wher A2 Has
    >The Hexadecimal Number And THe error I Get is #NUM
    >THanks For Ur replay
    >jay

    Most likely, the number in A2 is not a valid hexadecimal number.

    What, exactly, is the contents of A2?

    --ron

  5. #5
    Harlan Grove
    Guest

    Re: CONVERT HEXADECIMAL CELL TO DECIMAL NUMBER

    Ron Rosenfeld wrote...
    >jay <[email protected]> wrote...
    >>I Had A Row Of Hexadecimal Numbers I Want To Convert it to Decimal So

    I Used
    >>The Following Formula in the colloun On Cell # b2 =HEX2DEC(A2) Wher

    A2 Has
    >>The Hexadecimal Number And THe error I Get is #NUM

    >Most likely, the number in A2 is not a valid hexadecimal number.
    >
    >What, exactly, is the contents of A2?

    In case either the hexadecimal number strings contain spaces or more
    than 10 characters, try this (assumes unsigned)

    =SUMPRODUCT(SEARCH(MID(RIGHT(REPT("0",32)&TRIM(A23),32),
    ROW(INDIRECT("1:32")),1),"0123456789ABCDEF")-1,16^(32-ROW(INDIRECT("1:32"))))