Office 2003 Purchaser can't add in the add in's. Why?

  1. #1
    David R. Steele
    Guest

    Office 2003 Purchaser can't add in the add in's. Why?

    I'm an Office 2003 Purchaser, and I love Excel. The problem is that I cannot
    add-in each of the available add-ins. I don't know why. I have
    certification that I am the bona fide owner/user of Office 2003. It is
    befuddling to be a bona fide customer and not be able to take full advantage
    of all of the possible features available for Excel. Since I am a student of
    Information Technology, I am especially interested in DEC2BIN and BIN2DEC
    commands which I cannot use because the add-in's are not permitted.

  2. #2
    JulieD
    Guest

    Re: Office 2003 Purchaser can't add in the add in's. Why?

    Hi David

    what happens when you try and install the add-ins? an error message or
    nothing at all?
    what operating system are you using?

    Cheers
    JulieD

    "David R. Steele" <David R. [email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    David R. Steele
    Guest

    Re: Office 2003 Purchaser can't add in the add in's. Why?

    Hello Julie and thank you for your response.

    When I attempted to activate the add-ins, I came up with an ERROR 1311.
    Sourcefile not found. C:\MSOCache\All Users\...CAB. Verify that the file
    exists and you can access it."

    Another error message in connection with the above is as follows:

    "Microsoft Office Excell cannot access the file 'analys32.xll'. There are
    several possible reasons:
    - The file name or path does not exist
    - The file is being used by another program
    - The workbork you are trying to save has the same name as a currently
    opened workbook"

    My Operating Sysem is: "Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Version 5.1.2600
    Service Pack 2 Build 2600"

    Thanks for your comments.

    Dave

  4. #4
    Ken Wright
    Guest

    Re: Office 2003 Purchaser can't add in the add in's. Why?

    Did you have the Installation CD in the drive when you tried to install the
    Analysis Toolpak addin from the addins menu?

    --
    Regards
    Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

    <snip>