Using CONCATENATE function to create email addresses from a list

  1. #1
    Almamba
    Guest

    Using CONCATENATE function to create email addresses from a list

    I have been creating email addresses, the ID portion of which is formed from
    . First letter of the first name, plus the
    . First three letters of the last name, plus the
    . Last four digits of social security number
    Then I add @nsu.edu to complete the email address. I have been using the
    CONCATENATE function in Excel 2000. For example, I enter

    =CONCATENATE("A", "Jac". 8344, "@", "nsu.edu"), which gives the
    email address [email protected]
    I have been doing it one email address at a time. Is there any way of doing
    it faster? I have tried the AUtoFill and the Format Painter features without
    success.
    Last names, first names, and social security numbers occupy contiguous
    columns.

    I will appreciate your help. Thanks.

  2. #2
    Valued Forum Contributor
    with last name in column a, first in column b, and ssn in column c

    for row 1

    =LEFT(B1,1)&LEFT(A1,3)&RIGHT(C1,4)&"@nsu.edu"
    not a professional, just trying to assist.....

  3. #3
    Ragdyer
    Guest

    Re: Using CONCATENATE function to create email addresses from a list

    Column A = Last name
    Column B = First name
    Column C = S/S num

    Enter this in D2 and copy down as needed:

    =LEFT(B2)&LEFT(A2,3)&RIGHT(C2,4)&"@nsu:edu"
    --
    HTH,

    RD

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Aladin Akyurek
    Guest

    Re: Using CONCATENATE function to create email addresses from a list

    If the first name is in A2, the last name in B2, and the SSN in C2...

    In D2 enter & copy down:

    =UPPER(LEFT(A2))&PROPER(LEFT(B2,3))&RIGHT(C2,4)&"@nsu.edu"

    should do the job.