Function to return the latest non-zero value in a range of cells .

  1. #1
    hungryman
    Guest

    Function to return the latest non-zero value in a range of cells .

    I have a list of dates witten sequentially in a row on the sheet. Under some
    of these I have some values. I need to find the non-blank value associated
    with the latest date. Is there an easy way of doing this?

  2. #2
    Jason Morin
    Guest

    Re: Function to return the latest non-zero value in a range of cells .

    Try:

    =INDEX(B1:B21,MAX(IF(ISNUMBER(B1:B21)*(B1:B21<>0),ROW
    (B1:B21))))

    Array-entered (meaning press ctrl/shift/enter). Change
    the ranges to suit.

    This formula will pull the last value, skipping over
    blanks, text values, and zeroes.

    HTH
    Jason
    Atlanta, GA

  3. #3
    JulieD
    Guest

    Re: Function to return the latest non-zero value in a range of cells .

    Hi

    to find the last non-blank value
    =INDEX(A2:G2,MATCH(9.99999999999999E+307,A2:G2))

    to find the last non-zero value

    =LOOKUP(2,1/(-A2:G2<>0),A2:G2)

    Hope this helps

    Cheers