When updating a worksheet, how do I create a link updating the sa.

  1. #1
    Phlashh
    Guest

    When updating a worksheet, how do I create a link updating the sa.

    A worksheet residing on my C drive is also on my company intranet. How do I
    make changes to the C drive copy and have the same changes incorporated in
    the intranet copy?

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: When updating a worksheet, how do I create a link updating the sa.

    Copy the file after you have saved it?

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: When updating a worksheet, how do I create a link updating the sa.

    Or copy when you save it?

    'Saves the current file to a backup folder and the default folder
    'Note that any backup is overwritten
    Application.DisplayAlerts = False
    ActiveWorkbook.SaveCopyAs Filename:="intranet path\" & _
    ActiveWorkbook.Name
    ActiveWorkbook.Save
    Application.DisplayAlerts = True
    End Sub

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  4. #4
    phlashh
    Guest

    Re: When updating a worksheet, how do I create a link updating the

    Thank you Gord, Where would I insert this code? in the primary sheet?

  5. #5
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: When updating a worksheet, how do I create a link updating the sa.

    Gord,

    I meant in the windows environment :-)

    Process, not automation!

    Bob

  6. #6
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: When updating a worksheet, how do I create a link updating the

    It would be saved in the ThisWorkbook module.

    With workbook open and window maximized, right-click on the Excel icon left of
    "File" and select "View Code".

    Paste in there.

    Note: "intranet path" must be adjusted for your actual path.

    Gord

  7. #7
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: When updating a worksheet, how do I create a link updating the sa.

    I knew that<g>

    Just offered an alternative for automation in case OP wanted it.

    Gord

  8. #8
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: When updating a worksheet, how do I create a link updating the sa.

    I thought you did, but sometimes it helps to spell out our thoughts for the
    originators (just in case <g>).

    And anyway, it's good to share a crack between old stagers (ebg>

    Bob

  9. #9
    phlashh1
    Guest

    Re: When updating a worksheet, how do I create a link updating the

    Thank you so much for your help. BUT, I do have another question:
    instead of saving the whole workbook to the "backup" drive, how would I just
    save one worksheet of a workbook?

  10. #10
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: When updating a worksheet, how do I create a link updating the

    You have to copy the worksheet to a new workbook and save that

    Worksheets("Sheet1").Copy
    ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="myFile.xls"

    RP

    news:[email protected]...