Comparing 2 Customer Lists to Identify Shared Customers

  1. #1
    carl
    Guest

    Comparing 2 Customer Lists to Identify Shared Customers

    I have two customer lists. Each lists may contain the same customer but
    spelled differently. I am trying to identify the customers that appear on
    both list. My 2 lists look something like this:

    List1

    Banc Two
    Bear Wagner
    Bear, Stearns
    Calyon Financial

    List2

    Bank Two
    Bear, Wagner
    Bear Stearns

    The customers that appear on both lists (using list 1 names) are:

    Banc Two
    Bear Wagner
    Bear, Stearns

    Is it possible to create this list of customers that appear on both list 1
    and list 2 ?

  2. #2
    Bernie Deitrick
    Guest

    Re: Comparing 2 Customer Lists to Identify Shared Customers

    Carl,

    See the thread at

    http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...86dfc0974048ac

    Harlan Grove shows some techniques for matching slightly mismatched text.

    HTH,
    Bernie
    MS Excel MVP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    carl
    Guest

    Re: Comparing 2 Customer Lists to Identify Shared Customers

    thanks for the link. i went there and tried to get the soundex code to run -
    could not. what do i need to do to try this code ?