Dropdown with a "jump to" cell name. Like a Go button..

  1. #1
    thom hoyle
    Guest

    Dropdown with a "jump to" cell name. Like a Go button..

    I have a large spreadsheet that is long in length. I must scroll until I find
    that employee's info, sometimes 5-7 pages down...
    Is there a way to use a DropDown that selects from my list of names then
    "hyperlinks" me to the names cell in on the sheet.?

    thanks

  2. #2
    Nicole L.
    Guest

    RE: Dropdown with a "jump to" cell name. Like a Go button..

    Some relatively simple options:

    Select the column with the name in it, go to Data, then Filter, and select
    Autofilter. This will put a little red caret/arrow on that column with a
    dropdown of all the various data in that column, you can select the name you
    want and all records with that name will come up. To undo and view the sheet
    normally, just go back to Data and uncheckmark the Autofilter.

    Another way, which you've probably tried, is to do a Find (either ctrl+F or
    on the Edit menu, do a Find). Then again, you'll have to keep entering on
    that FIND to get all entries with that name.

  3. #3
    thom hoyle
    Guest

    RE: Dropdown with a "jump to" cell name. Like a Go button..

    Thanks for the reply: ..
    This works, however each person is only list once. Each person has several
    rows of data that I need to look at. The autofilter is only showing me ONE
    line.. I guess I could add that users name in the column next to each line of
    data that is there's and then the autofilter will find that users info...

    I'm hoping to get more of a VLOOKUP with HYPERLINK using a pulldown.. I
    found a place on the web that describes this... but too confusing for me..
    please view:
    http://www.mrexcel.com/archive/Formulas/19517.html

    thanks