advice needed

  1. #1
    Duncan
    Guest

    advice needed

    I need to sort 4 random numbers into numerical order. the numbers would be
    entered into a row for example, A1:A4.

    Now, I need to be able to check each of the numbers and place them in
    numerical order, highest first, in A10:A13.... is this possible. I can take
    the highest and lowest by way of the max and min function but my head is
    caved in trying to think of how to sort the 2 middle ones out. Any help on
    this would really be appreciated..... Thanks in advance!!

    Duncan

  2. #2
    Jason Morin
    Guest

    Re: advice needed

    Use LARGE or SMALL. See the XL help guide.

    HTH
    Jason
    Atlanta, GA

  3. #3
    Michael
    Guest

    RE: advice needed

    Hi Duncan
    In A1, type =LARGE(A10:A13,1)
    Do the same in A2,A3,A4, making sure you change the last number in the
    formula to 2,3 and 4

    HTH
    Michael