Tallying columns based on values of 2 different columns

  1. #1
    Mctabish
    Guest

    Tallying columns based on values of 2 different columns

    I am setting up a reservations database.
    These are based on tables (for seating, Not excel tables)
    Each table can seat 11 people
    Columns are
    Seat Name Party# Paid Type

    Each seat has the persons name, which party they are in, if they paid
    (logical T/F) and what type of client (adult, child, or complementary)

    I want to create a differant chart on the same worksheet (starting at H5)
    I want these columns to be:
    Party Number_Adults NumberChildren NumberComplimentary TotalAmount
    totalPaid

    What I need to figure out is how to count the numbers of adults in party1,
    number of children in party 1, how many of the adults paid in party1 and how
    many children paid in party1
    I need to figure this out for each party....

    Thanks
    Mc

  2. #2
    Ken Wright
    Guest

    Re: Tallying columns based on values of 2 different columns

    =SUMPRODUCT(--(Party#=1),--(Type="Adult"))
    =SUMPRODUCT(--(Party#=1),--(Type="Child"))
    =SUMPRODUCT(--(Party#=1),--(Type="Complementary"))
    =SUMPRODUCT(--(Party#=1),--(Type="Adult"),--(Paid="Yes"))
    =SUMPRODUCT(--(Party#=1),--(Type="Child"),--(Paid="Yes"))

    Substitute actual ranges for the Party#, Type, Paid bits. All ranges must
    be identical in size.

    Regards
    Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

    news:[email protected]...