Finding and Deleting duplicates in a column

  1. #1
    Brian
    Guest

    Finding and Deleting duplicates in a column

    I have a huge list of 10 digit numbers in column B.
    These numbers where scanned in using hand-held barcode scans, so human error
    is possible.

    I may have duplicates in the column, what I would like to do is somehow
    identify the duplicates.

    My questions are:

    1) Can I format the column before scanning to display a (2), (3), etc. after
    a number if it is a duplicate?

    2) How to format the column after scanning to identify the duplicates and
    delete them.

    Thank you very much.

  2. #2
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: Finding and Deleting duplicates in a column

    You can't format the cells to display the (2),(3), etc., but look here:

    http://cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm

  3. #3
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Finding and Deleting duplicates in a column

    Hi Brian

    This Add-in have a option to do what you want.
    It will make a copy of your worksheet and insert a column with
    (1),(2).....behind the numbers
    The add-in have also a option to delete the rows for you

    Try it
    http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

  4. #4
    Brian
    Guest

    Re: Finding and Deleting duplicates in a column

    Thank you very much for the info!