formulas referencing pivot table cells

  1. #1
    JW_WA
    Guest

    formulas referencing pivot table cells

    I am using Excel Professional 2003. When I create formulas that reference a
    pivot table cell by clicking that cell when entering the formula, Excel
    automaticaly inserts "GETPIVOTDATA", the pivot row and heading titles, and an
    absolute cell reference instead of the simple cell address. So, when I copy
    that formula to other cells the formulas do not reference the subsequent rows
    in the pivot table.

    How do I change the settings in Excel to reflect the simple cell address
    [ex. P5] instead of the pivot table name and address [ex.
    =(GETPIVOTDATA("column title",$P$5,"row title") ]. I can change it manually,
    but that is not efficient.

    I haven't had this issue with other versions of Excel.

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: formulas referencing pivot table cells

    There are instructions here for adding the Generate GetPivotData button
    to a toolbar, and toggling the feature on and off:

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List