Strange behaviour

  1. #1
    Edgar Thoemmes
    Guest

    Strange behaviour

    I am experiencing some strange behaviour when pasting data from access into
    excel.

    Firstly all numeric values i paste will not sum so i have to convert them to
    numbers with =Value() function.

    Secondly if I try and select the pasted area and click on cell format it
    wont load but if I select some cells which I didnt paste into I can load the
    cell format dialog box.

    This has only started happening recently and I can't figure for the life of
    me what is happening. Can anyone help?

    TIA

  2. #2
    JulieD
    Guest

    Re: Strange behaviour

    Hi Edgar

    if you export the information from access in xls format and open it in
    excel - does it still have the same problems?

    if you're pasting it into an existing worksheet is it possiblity that the
    destination cells are formatted as text prior to the paste? (BTW i've never
    found copying & pasting between excel & access particularly reliable - i
    always go the export / import route.)

    Cheers
    JulieD

    news:[email protected]...