Fiscal year total from running 12 months

  1. #1
    Guest

    Fiscal year total from running 12 months

    I maintain data for the previous twelve months in Excel 2002. I want to
    calculate statistics based on fiscal year data, which is a changing subset
    of the running twelve month data. How can I do this without manually
    changing formulas each month?

  2. #2
    Ken Wright
    Guest

    Re: Fiscal year total from running 12 months

    Data ranges are what exactly?

    --
    Regards
    Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Guest

    Re: Fiscal year total from running 12 months

    Nothing complex. For example a row of months (12), currently Feb 04 through
    Jan 05 with sales figures below.

    I need to total the current fiscal year to date as well as the 12 month
    period. Fiscal year to date would be Sep 04 through Jan 05. So next month I
    delete Feb 04 at beginning of row, copy March 04 through Jan 05 one column
    to the left, and add Feb 05 at the end. Fiscal year to date then has to add
    one more cell from 'inside' this range. Now I do it manually for multiple
    types of data. Obvioulsy, automating would be a time saver!

    Thanks

    news:eZe%[email protected]...