Conditional Formating

  1. #1
    mike lowry
    Guest

    Conditional Formating

    trying to conditional format 2 colums where the cells are dependent. So if
    cell a1 +b1>=150, i would like for both cells to be coloured, but i need to
    replicate this for 200 other cells in each colum...i have tried paste
    special, but the other cells just use the answer from the first cell to
    derive their answer...

  2. #2
    Jason Morin
    Guest

    Re: Conditional Formating

    1. Select columns A and B.
    2. Go to Format > Conditional Formatting
    3. Under Condition 1 select "Formula Is" and put:
    =$A1+$B1>=150
    4. Press the Format radio button and format as desired.

    HTH
    Jason
    Atlanta, GA

  3. #3
    Max
    Guest

    Re: Conditional Formating

    Try this:

    Select cols A and B

    Click Format > Conditional Formatting

    Under Condition 1, make the settings as:
    Formula Is| =SUM($A1:$B1)>=150
    Click Format button > Patterns tab > Light brown? > OK
    Click OK at the main dialog

    --
    Rgds
    Max
    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    camo
    Guest

    Re: Conditional Formating

    cheers jason for that, however the issue is that the formula does not
    recalculate for the other cells...it uses the formula that is valid for the
    a1 and b1 cells, but wont recalculate it for a2 and b2 etc...

  5. #5
    mike lowry
    Guest

    Re: Conditional Formating

    Absolute genius max, works a treat....thanks very much

  6. #6
    Max
    Guest

    Re: Conditional Formating

    Glad to hear that !
    Thanks for the feedback ..
    --
    Rgds
    Max

  7. #7
    Jason Morin
    Guest

    Re: Conditional Formating

    I don't follow you. If you follow my instructions, CF is
    applied to all of col. A and B. Did you try out what I
    suggested?