Counting unique entries in column A but only if specific values appear in columns B and C

  1. #1
    markx
    Guest

    Counting unique entries in column A but only if specific values appear in columns B and C

    Hello everybody,

    I've found recently a very useful formula on Chip Pearson's page
    (http://cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm) dealing with "counting unique
    entries in a range". I think the best one for my special case would be the
    one for "no text / no string" values, i.e.

    =SUM(N(FREQUENCY(Range, Range)>0))

    From this point, I'm trying to elaborate a bit on this by adding two
    conditions in order to get something like:

    "Count unique entries in a specific (f. ex. A) column, but only if in column
    B we have a value = 555 (number) and in column C we have a value = XYZ
    (text)."

    I would like to avoid "filter, copy and paste" solution...

    Till this point, I was unable to find a correct solution by myself. At one
    point I've thought about passing through SUMPRODUCT, but with no success.
    Maybe one of you have already had such a problem? Do you see how to resolve
    this?
    Thanks a lot for any comment or hint!

    Mark

  2. #2
    Jason Morin
    Guest

    Re: Counting unique entries in column A but only if specific values appear in

    George Simms provides a good example of using FREQUENCY
    to count unique criteria with conditions. See:

    http://tinyurl.com/6fwny

    HTH
    Jason
    Atlanta, GA

    by adding two

  3. #3
    markx
    Guest

    Re: Counting unique entries in column A but only if specific values appear in

    Thanks a lot Jason,
    It's working perfectly for me!

    news:[email protected]...