[SOLVED] Calculating days between current date and a date in future NETWORKDAYS() fun

  1. #1
    Faheem Khan
    Guest

    [SOLVED] Calculating days between current date and a date in future NETWORKDAYS() fun

    Hi,

    I have tried using the networkdays() function as described in the help
    topics.
    However it doesnt' seem to help. The cell has the following formula and it
    displays #NAME?
    =networkdays(B9,B10,{38395;38396;38402;38403;38409;38410;38416;38417;38423;3
    8424})

    B9 = 2/10/2005
    B10 = 3/18/2005 &
    the rest of it is a range B11:B20 which contains dates for the weekends
    between the values in B9 & B10

    Expected: I am expecting it to display the number of days between B9 & B10
    dates excluding the weekends specified.
    Actual: #NAME?

    If you can please correct where I am wrong OR an alternate way of getting
    this is fine too.

    Your help is appreciated.

    Regards
    -Faheem

    PS:
    Pasted the help content below..
    AB
    DateDescription
    10/01/2008Start date of project
    3/01/2009End date of project
    11/26/2008Holiday
    12/4/2008Holiday
    1/21/2009Holiday
    FormulaDescription (Result)
    =NETWORKDAYS(A2,A3)Number of workdays between the start and end date above
    (108)
    =NETWORKDAYS(A2,A3,A4)Number of workdays between the start and end date
    above, excluding the first holiday (107)
    =NETWORKDAYS(A2,A3,A4:A6)Number of workdays between the start and end date
    above, excluding every holiday above (105)

    Note To convert the range of cells used for holidays in the last example
    into an array constant, select reference A4:A6 in the formula and then press
    F9.

  2. #2
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: Calculating days between current date and a date in future NETWORKDAYS() function

    You need to install the Analysis Toolpak Add-in (Tools/Add-ins, check
    the appropriate checkbox).

  3. #3
    Ron Rosenfeld

    On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 10:41:13 -0800, "Faheem Khan" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I have tried using the networkdays() function as described in the help
    >topics.
    >However it doesnt' seem to help. The cell has the following formula and it
    >displays #NAME?

    You need to check Excel HELP for the function:

    If this function is not available, and returns the #NAME? error, install and
    load the Analysis ToolPak add-in.

    How?

    On the Tools menu, click Add-Ins.
    In the Add-Ins available list, select the Analysis ToolPak box, and then click
    OK.
    If necessary, follow the instructions in the setup program.

    --ron