Trying to create repeating dates and then sort column by date

  1. #1
    lizabright
    Guest

    Trying to create repeating dates and then sort column by date

    Hi, I am trying to create a to-do list. I want to be able to put in tasks
    and meetings that happen every week. At first I was putting a date 2/1/2005
    (A24) + 7 and then dragging down. This worked great until I sorted by date
    and then all the dates were screwed up.

    I tried labeling the data, but then I can't drag down in a plus 7 format.
    Is there any formula that will use a fixed date but keep adding in increments
    of 7?

    sorry this isn't a very coherent question.

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Trying to create repeating dates and then sort column by date

    Assuming you want to sort them descending since they already are sorted
    ascending,
    copy them, then do edit>paste special as values in place.

    Peo Sjoblom

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    lizabright
    Guest

    Re: Trying to create repeating dates and then sort column by date

    no, what I want to do is to create a list of dates that are all the next week

    so 2/14/2005 B2
    2/21/2005 B2+7
    2/28/2005 B3+7
    3/7/2005 B4+7

    I was creating them using a formula A2 2/14/2005+7 and then dragging down.

    this worked great, but then when I sorted ALL dates (so this one task would
    be merged with all other items on to do list), the formula was using the new
    A2 and the date was off.

    sorry, I am feeling that this is not workable. I was hoping that there
    would be a formula that would recognize a static value (DATE) and keep
    multiplying by degrees of seven and that seems nuts. I am just going to
    hand type in all the dates.

    I know, get Microsoft Project, right? but my office is tight.

    Thanks so much though! cheers.