Lookup with two variable data list cells

  1. #1
    Monkey
    Guest

    Lookup with two variable data list cells

    I am attempting to create a simple quotation sheet

    I have one cell in Sheet1 validated as list:
    C1 - Customer Price-band Category (select from list)

    and cells each refering to:
    A1:A100 - Part Numbers (select from list)

    In Sheet2, I have price lists for each Price-band Category against each Part
    Number.

    In the cell adjacent to the Part Number in Sheet1, I would like to display
    the relevant part price depending on which Price-band Category and which Part
    Number has been selected

    I would appreciate any thoughts...

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Lookup with two variable data list cells

    One possible way

    =INDEX(Price_Range,MATCH(1,(Part_Number_Range=lookup1)*(Price_Band_Range=loo
    kup2),0))

    entered with ctrl + shift & enter

    Peo Sjoblom

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Monkey
    Guest

    Re: Lookup with two variable data list cells

    Thanks Peo

    I tried that but, alas, to no avail.

    Example I tried is:

    H I J
    21 List (Y,Z)) List (A,B)
    22
    23 A B
    24 Y Pears Apples
    25 Z Lemons Bananas

    So, to reference a value within I24:J25, dependant on selected entries of
    I21 and J21, I tried:

    =INDEX(I23:J25,MATCH(1,(H24:H25=I21)*(I23:J23=J21),0)) entered with ctrl
    +shift & enter

    This did not work

    Any ideas where I went wrong?

    Much obliged, Monkey