Excel Limitation

  1. #1
    Farhan
    Guest

    Excel Limitation

    Hi,

    I am facing problem in terms of row limitation. The
    number of records entered are 65000, i want to add more
    reocrds in the same worksheet but excel is not allowing
    me to do this. Urgent help is required on this.

    Thank you in advance.

    Regards,

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    India
    Posts
    1,066
    Not possible to enter more than 65536 rows in one sheet. You have to use another sheet for the purpose.

    - Mangesh

  3. #3
    Springbok
    Guest

    RE: Excel Limitation

    Hi Farhan,

    The limitation is 65536. If your records begin to exceed this capacity then
    perhaps you should consider ways that you can segregate the data amongst more
    than one worksheet, as each sheet holds the same capacity.

    On occassions that I need to utilise so many rows, I am inclined to use
    Access to crunch the data instead. Merely because it doesn't have this
    limitation, and because I find performance is better as Excel begins to
    respond slowly on my PC with so much data within it.

    Hope this helps,
    Jon