Calculate difference between two dates

  1. #1
    Trainer
    Guest

    Calculate difference between two dates

    I have a spreadsheet with two date columns, a start date and an end date, eg
    14/02/05 and 19/02/05. This is actually 6 days, but if I subtract one from
    the other I get 5. Any ideas, please.
    --
    Trainer

  2. #2
    JulieD
    Guest

    Re: Calculate difference between two dates

    Hi

    the "problem" is that dates are just numbers in disguise and if you have the
    formula
    19-14
    you'll end up with the answer of 5
    so if you want the maths in excel to behave differently (ie you definition
    is different from excel's) you'll need to incorporate that in the formula
    e.g.
    =19-14+1

    Cheers
    JulieD