Need help setting up a formula using perhaps the logic functions .

  1. #1
    drlisa0318
    Guest

    Need help setting up a formula using perhaps the logic functions .

    I've got a check register on one sheet....plus a listing of deposits and
    other debits and credits. Rather than manually check off cleared
    checks/deposits, I'd like to be able to set it up so that I can key the
    checks (and their corresponding amounts) from the bank statement into columns
    and have Excel, through the use of IF, AND, etc., find the check in the check
    register, verify that the amounts are the same, and mark them as being
    cleared. Is this possible? If so, I haven't a clue how to set it up. It
    seems like there would be several layers of nesting functions. Can anyone
    help me set this up?

  2. #2
    Steve
    Guest

    Re: Need help setting up a formula using perhaps the logic functions .

    The Match function may assist:

    =Match(your cheque number, your statement cheque number range,enforce exact
    match)
    =MATCH(J2,L2:L9,0)

    The result will be the count of lines on your cleared check list if it finds
    a match or #NA if it is uncleared.

    Using the Index function with the result from match will help you verify the
    value. See
    http://www.exceltip.com/st/Combine_t...Excel/298.html
    for assistance with this.

    HTH