Font size for in-cell drop-down list

  1. #1
    John Simons
    Guest

    Font size for in-cell drop-down list

    I have an Excel file that has in-cell drop-down lists configured in a
    worksheet for data validation. The font size on the drop-down list is too
    small to be read easily. How do you change that font size?

  2. #2
    JulieD
    Guest

    Re: Font size for in-cell drop-down list

    Hi John

    you can't, but check out
    http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal08.html#Font
    for a work-around

    Cheers
    JulieD

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    John Simons
    Guest

    Re: Font size for in-cell drop-down list

    Julie:
    You are awesome! That was just the workaround that I needed. Now if we
    can just work out that nested IF statement issue, I can go to bed! Thanks
    for your prompt and perfectly targeted responses.

    John

  4. #4
    JulieD
    Guest

    Re: Font size for in-cell drop-down list

    Hi John

    glad it helped ... the nest IF one is just touch more difficult and i think
    i'll leave it for a responder who actually knows something about forecasting
    amounts as i hate "re inventing the wheel" and i'ld probably make a square
    one anyway in this case.

    just wondering what part of the world you're in as it's only 3.45pm here

    Cheers
    julieD

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    John Simons
    Guest

    Re: Font size for in-cell drop-down list

    Thanks for your input. I am in Southern California (USA) and it is just
    after midnight.

    The original 1-2-3 forecasting model took about three months of off-and-on
    coding to get tweaked correctly. Even after we were confident that we had
    things nailed down, some other scenario would pop up and we would have to
    stick another IF statement into the mix. Fortunately we had the foresight to
    create a validation cell that would tell us immediately if something didn't
    add up correctly and we knew that we had to find the problem. The tricky
    part was finding where in the 120 month to month forecast it was!

    This new and improved version is going to be an incredible business
    forecasting tool if/when we get it right!

    Thanks again for all your assistance.