Named Range in another workbook

  1. #1
    Jon C
    Guest

    Named Range in another workbook

    Hi,

    I'd like to be able to refer to a Named Range on another
    workbook, let's call it Employees.xls, from a second
    workbook, something like this.

    =VLOOKUP(A3,Employees.xls!nEmployeeTable,2,FALSE)

    Works a treat but only when the Employees workbook is
    open. Is there a way around this or is it a 'feature'?

    Thanks,

    Jon

  2. #2
    Bernard Liengme