Search - replace NOT in formulas

  1. #1
    Michael Preminger
    Guest

    Search - replace NOT in formulas

    HEllo!

    Running Excel 2002 SP2 on Windows Xp.

    I need to replace an occurrence of text in many places in my workbook,
    but I do not want formulas to be affected.

    I cannot remove the "Formulas" option from the PullDown menu in the
    Replace / option menu, And I do not find an appropriate VB parameter to
    the (range).Replace method.

    Is this intended, or am I overlooking something?

    Michael

  2. #2
    James
    Guest

    Re: Search - replace NOT in formulas

    You may be able to get round this by selecting only cells that do not
    contain formulas before running the replace. To do this use CTRL A to
    highlight all cells, then from the edit menu select goto, click special then
    click constants. You will then have all the constants but no formulas
    selected and can run the replace all.

    James

    news:[email protected]...