how do I sum the same cell from multiple worksheets?

  1. #1
    rbperrie
    Guest

    how do I sum the same cell from multiple worksheets?

    how do I sum the same cell from multiple worksheets? In this case I will have
    about 125 worksheets in the workbook so I'm looking for a shortcut. Thanks

  2. #2
    Biff
    Guest

    how do I sum the same cell from multiple worksheets?

    Hi!

    The easiest way if you use the default sheet names Sheet1,
    Sheet2 .... Sheet125

    =SUM(Sheet1:Sheet125!A1)

    If you use custom sheet names:

    Insert a new sheet before the first sheet and name it
    START. Insert another new sheet after the last sheet and
    name it END.

    =SUM(Start:End!A1)

    If you will need to create any new sheets that should also
    be used in this calculation just insert them between START
    and END.

    Biff

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: how do I sum the same cell from multiple worksheets?

    =SUM(sheet1:sheet125!A1)

    If sheets have unique names...........

    Add a new dummy sheet after the Summary sheet which I assume is first in book.

    Name this sheet Start.

    Add a new dummy sheet at end of book and name it End

    On Summary sheet =SUM(Start:End!A1)

    Any new sheets will inserted between Start and End

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP