Pivot Table Auto Update Data Source?

  1. #1
    Ket
    Guest

    Pivot Table Auto Update Data Source?

    Hello,

    I have a spreadsheet that contains a pivot table sheet1 and the data
    source is sheet2.
    I update the data source by adding new rows of data.
    I then go to the pivot table and re-run the wizard to take into
    account the new rows of data.
    Is there an automated way that the pivot table will update with the
    new rows of data added in sheet2?

    TIA for any assistance offered.

    Ket
    London

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Pivot Table Auto Update Data Source?

    You can use a dynamic range as the pivot table source, and it will
    automatically expand as rows or columns are added. There are
    instructions here:

    http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot01.html#Dynamic

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

  3. #3
    Wisconsin
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2010

    Re: Pivot Table Auto Update Data Source?

    I did this by adding a VBA code of the Data source

    ThisWorkbook.RefreshAll