How do I mark an item as paid so it is not included in a column t.

  1. #1
    BradLewBooks
    Guest

    How do I mark an item as paid so it is not included in a column t.

    i am trying to keep track of all the invoices i receive from my distributors,
    i run a bookshop. I am trying to creat a column which gives me a total
    amount outstanding, however some of the columns have invoices paid and unpaid
    and i want to mark items paid so they won't show in the total outstanding.

  2. #2

    Re: How do I mark an item as paid so it is not included in a column t.

    In an empty Col, say U, enter 1 for each unpaid entry.
    Enter your Sum formula as follows, using Ctrl+Shift+Enter, instead of
    just Enter, to make it an array formula.
    =SUM((T1:T8)*((U1:U8)=1))
    Enter the range that fits your needs.
    Upon payment delete the entry in the U Col
    Ilan

  3. #3
    RagDyeR
    Guest

    Re: How do I mark an item as paid so it is not included in a column t.

    If you had the amount of the invoices listed in say Column D, then create
    another column, say Column E, where you can enter:
    Paid

    Then you could enter formulas to keep track of both categories.

    =SUMIF(E1:E100,"Paid",D1:D100)

    =SUMIF(E1:E100,"<>Paid",D1:D100)
    --

    HTH,

    RD

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Myrna Larson
    Guest

    Re: How do I mark an item as paid so it is not included in a column t.

    If all you want is a total outstanding, and you have invoice amounts in one
    column, say D, (as positive numbers) and payments in another column, say E,
    (again as positive numbers), =SUM(D1:D500)-SUM(E1:E100) will give you the
    outstanding balance.