HOW TO CALCULATE THE NUMBER OF YEARS BETWEEN TWO DATES

  1. #1
    RAMON
    Guest

    HOW TO CALCULATE THE NUMBER OF YEARS BETWEEN TWO DATES

    I WANT TO CALCULATE THE #S OF YEARS BETWEEN TWO DATES

  2. #2
    Valued Forum Contributor
    you will get very close by

    =(date2-date1)/365

    you could round this as required
    not a professional, just trying to assist.....

  3. #3
    Ragdyer
    Guest

    Re: HOW TO CALCULATE THE NUMBER OF YEARS BETWEEN TWO DATES

    =DATEDIF(B1,A1,"y")

    Where A1 is today,
    And B1 is a past date.

    Check out Chip Pearson's web page on this "Un-Documented" function:
    (Except in XL2K)

    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm

    --
    HTH,

    RD

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: HOW TO CALCULATE THE NUMBER OF YEARS BETWEEN TWO DATES

    Ramon

    With earliest date in A1 and later date in B1

    In C1 enter =DATEDIF(A1,B1,"y") & " years"

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP