set hypothetical values for a cell

  1. #1
    chris8715
    Guest

    set hypothetical values for a cell

    I have a spreadsheet that calculates a value in Cell B based on an input in
    Cell A. I am trying to set up a table that shows the value in cell B for
    different values of A. The calculation of B from A involves several steps
    and IF conditions. How can I set up cell C to say "if cell A where value x,
    then cell B would be value y", and display the y value. Where x is my
    hypothetical value for cell A.

  2. #2
    Max
    Guest

    Re: set hypothetical values for a cell

    > set up a table that shows the value in cell B for
    > different values of A.

    Sounds like what you're looking for
    could be a one variable data table

    Try this recent post to get the hang of