Sub-Totalling Based upon a changing field

  1. #1
    Mark B
    Guest

    Sub-Totalling Based upon a changing field

    I have 2 columns setup like this...

    COLUMN A COLUMN B
    Aach Ruth 100.00
    Aach Ruth -100.00
    Abel Zacha 1905.00
    Abrahams A 550.05
    Abrahams A -550.05

    Is there any formula I can put in a 3rd column that will sub-total up column
    B for me based up the specific "person" in column A?

    THANKS!!!

  2. #2
    Trevor Shuttleworth
    Guest

    Re: Sub-Totalling Based upon a changing field

    Mark

    assuming you have a header in row 1, put thge following formula in cell C2
    and drag down:

    =IF(A2<>A1,SUMIF(A:A,A2,B:B),"")

    Regards

    Trevor