list values equal in 2 worksheets?

  1. #1
    NEVA LOCKETT
    Guest

    list values equal in 2 worksheets?

    How can I get a list of all rows containing data that is also in another
    worksheet.

    In both sheets there is a number, name, address etc. I want a list of only
    those rows that occur in BOTH sheets.

    Can someone help please?
    NL

  2. #2
    Biff
    Guest

    list values equal in 2 worksheets?

    Hi!

    Need more detail ....

    Specific locations of data in both sheets ...
    Is the number , name , address etc all in a single cell?

    Biff

  3. #3
    NL
    Guest

    Re: list values equal in 2 worksheets?

    Thanks for your reply!

    I did figure this out! But I have another problem not solved.

    First the figure out:
    the number , name , address etc ARE in separate cells. I used this formula:
    =OR(EXACT(Sheet1!A1, Sheet2!$B$1:$B$15)) which worked in my test sheets.

    Other problem:
    I want to make mailing labels efficiently.
    There are many instances of multiple names at the same address
    bob/smith/100main/...
    pam/smith/100main/...
    sue/jones/100Main/....

    Is there a way to extract a list of all combined multiples so there is ONE
    Smith instance at 100 Main AND one Jones? (bob and pam as one instance, then
    sue listed as a second instance) Bob and Pam could then be replaced as
    "Family of" and Sue would remain "Sue".

    Hope this makes sense...
    NL

    > Specific locations of data in both sheets ...
    > Is the number , name , address etc all in a single cell?
    >
    > Biff

    news:[email protected]...